With Jazz in the Gardens right around the corner, it’s time to get to know the artists that are performing. First up – Jill Scott, aka “Jilly from Philly.”
5’6 and full of life, Jill Scott is one of those rare beauties that stands out no matter what she does. She’s a singer, an actress, poet, songwriter, and the list goes on. You may have seen her on the silver screen, or heard a few of her songs, but what do you know about Jill?
Here are a few fun facts:
- Her birthday is April 4. That would make her an Aries (fire sign).
- She’s married (For all you guys that thought you would ever have a chance).
- She has one son (Jett) who will be eight in April.
- She’s an only child.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff helped get her started in the industry.
- She’s a New York Times bestselling author (have you read The Moments, The Minutes, The Hours?).
- She’s a vocal beast (she can hit notes in the 6th and 7th octaves).
- She had an HBO/BBC mini-series (The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency).
- She attended the Philadelphia High School for Girls.
Music of the Mind
Let’s get into her music. This three-time Grammy award winner has:
Five studio albums: (Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1; Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2; The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3; The Light of the Sun; Woman).
Three compilation albums: (Collaborations; The Original Jill Scott from the Vault, Vol. 1; Golden Moments)
Two Live Albums: (Experience: Jill Scott 826; Live in Paris).
You can follow Jill on Twitter – @missjillscott.
S/N: If you’ve never seen Jill Scott in concert, you’re in for more than a treat. You won’t regret spending a penny of the ticket price because you leave wanting more. Check her out at this year’s Jazz in the Gardens at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL on March 17-18, 2017.